Monday, December 1, 2014

About Me and FAQ

FAQ

1. Who are you?

I'm Liz, an American Girl obsessed lady in her twenties. I'm also a college graduate and a professional- though I won't disclose my profession since it might be connected back to this blog. I'm a military wife and mother of two cats. Alas, my husband and cats have no interest in my dolls, which is why I blog about them. I enjoy history, creative writing, and reading.

2. Will you get political on this blog?

Possibly. While I am a white straight female, I will always point out discrimination to people of color and to people who are not cis straight people. Obviously I will also stick up for women. A lot of that actually pertains to these dolls since I believe that toys encapsulate a lot of the ideas we have about race and gender. After all, toys embody what we communicate to our children about the world. There have been studies showing that toys do have an impact on children, though why anyone would need research to prove that is beyond me.

I probably won't have much political or social commentary unless it somehow pertains to the dolls however. I am not a news blog, and you can get very accurate and up to date information elsewhere on the internets.

3. I disagree with you...

Cool.  I actually love when people disagree with me-it what makes the world so interesting. There is very little I feel strongly enough about to be angry that someone disagrees with me. Feel free to tell me, but don't be disrespectful to the protected classes on my page. If your comment is racist, homophobic, sexist, victim blaming, or otherwise disrespectful I will delete it to protect any members of other groups who honor me by visiting my blog. If you are under 13 I will automatically delete your comments because of COPPA.

4. Which dolls do you have?

I currently as of this writing have Kaya, Felicity, Elizabeth, Josefina, Kirsten, Marie Grace, Addy, Samantha, Nellie, Kit, Molly, Emily, Ivy, and Riley ( a renamed Saige doll).

5. Do you collect anything else?

Yep! Barbie dolls, beanie babies, Disney Animator's Collection toddler dolls, Gone with the Wind stuff, disney pins, and some other stuff. I also have a book collection that I am extremely proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment